The HealthyFit Research Group and the University of Vigo have joined forces to conduct research in the field of physical activity and sport. They identify several problems that are of interest to them and draw up a strategic long or mid-term plan targeting knowledge outcomes on the topic in question.
This group will run for so long as it produces tangible and verifiable results from projects and other research activities that are suitably detailed in an action plan (projects) that has been duly submitted. These were and will continue to be our operating guidelines which, to date, can be summarised in the following research projects:
1. Research project in Progress:
- 2011-2013. Dynamic cohort of university students in the study of drug consumption and other addictions. Ministry of Health, social policy, and equality.
- 2010-2011. Effects of aquatic therapy on Parkinson’s patients. Pilot study. APGB.
- 2009-2012.Effects induced by physical aerobic exercise in women over the age of 65 with light cognitive decline: A longitudinal study. Xunta de Galicia.
2. Completed Research Projects
- 2009-2010. Study on physical activity and sport in university students from the Pontevedera Campus. Habits, Attitudes, and Needs. University of Vigo.
- 2008-2009. Aerobic exercise as non-pharmacological, low-cost therapy in dementia patients in the early stage of light cognitive decline. Xunta de Galicia.
- 2007-2009.Cognitive stimulation by motor activity for elderly person with signs of care dependence needs. Caixa Galicia Social Programme and University of Vigo.
- 2007-2008. Adaptation and validation of LTPAI and PAHWI questionnaire for the elderly. University of Vigo.
- 2005-2007. Analysis and categorisation of Golf Courses in Portugal. Pilot study. Portuguese Golf Federation.
- 2005-2006. Analysis, assessment, and setting of quality indicators in sport therapy and its repercussion on health in old age conducted in Galician Spas. Galician Sports Foundation. Xunta de Galicia.