The research group HealthyFit of the University of Vigo holds regular meetings in order to carry out research in the field of physical activity and sport. In these gatherings, the members propose one or several problems which are considered interesting to be addressed and devise a long-term or medium-term strategic plan in order to obtain results providing knowledge about the proposed issues.
This group will exists as long as it shows a production of tangible and verifiable results derived from research activities properly expressed in a duly formalized action plan (project). These have been and will continue to be our guidelines, which can be summarized so far in the following research projects:
1. Developing Research Projects
- 2011-2013. Dynamic cohort of university students to the study drug and other addictions. Ministry of Health, social policy and equality. Government of Spain.
- 2010-2011. Effect of aquatic intervention in people affected by Parkinson’s Disease. Pilot study. APGB.
- 2009-2012. Effects induced by aerobic physical exercise in women over 65 years old with mild cognitive deterioration: a longitudinal study. Xunta de Galicia (local government).
2. Developed Research Projects
- 2009-2010. Study on physical activities and sport practised by university students in the campus of Pontevedra. Habits, attitudes and demands. University of Vigo.
- 2008-2009. Aerobic exercise practice as a low-cost non-pharmacological therapy in people suffering from dementia in the first stage of mild cognitive deterioration. Xunta de Galicia (local government).
- 2007-2009. Cognitive stimulation through motor function for elderly people showing signs of mild disability and physical dependency. Obra Social Caixa Galicia (nonprofit organization) and University of Vigo.
- 2007-2008. Adaptation and validation of the LTPAI and PAHWI questionnaires to elderly populations. University of Vigo.
- 2005-2007. Analysis and categorization of golf courses in Portugal. A pilot study. Portuguese Golf Federation.
- 2005-2006. Analysis, assessment and establishment of indicators of quality in sport intervention and its repercussions in the health of the elderly developed by Galician Spas. Xunta de Galicia (local government).